Thursday, July 26, 2007

Love of the game, hating the game

My first day of my automated Thursday thing went well, no serious mechanical problems. Thank goodness. Got done in record time, which is even better.
I watched the Cardinals kill my Cubs tonight and wished I could turn off the television but you can't do that when you are working and your client is a Cardinals fan. I don't hate the cardinals really, they are just my 4th string team. I love baseball pure and simple.
Of course the Cubs are my favorite, I was raised by a Cubs fan and it is genetic. When I volunteered for a role in Creative Arts I pointed out that I was patient and used to disappointment, and being a Cubs fan proves it. Still I never give up.
This may seem strange but my other teams I like in order of pref is the White Sox, The Brewers, The Cardinals, and the Royals. (I know people in Kansas City and Missouri so they are my 5th pick) I want to see any one of them win the World series but in that exact order.
Like I said, I just like a good game. Tonight wasn't a good game, 11 to 1 is a cruel joke. If it close than I find it exciting, if my favored team is getting killed I just get annoyed.
Still at least I got paid for sticking around. That makes up for the massacre and hearing about how "No one throws a curve ball anymore, just straight balls, that's not real baseball."
They still won, who cares.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

grmble brmble, damn Cardinals...

12:14 PM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

I am a cricket fan ( I may have mentioned that in the past), I follow the 'Test Matches' that are arranged throughout the world when England play other international teams. It is a sort of 'round-robin' thing - India, South Africa, Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies... you see a pattern here - WARM Countries? lol.
There are a whole bunch of other Countries, but I need not mention here..,

Anyway, as long as they are hard fought games and no quarter is given on either side, I am happy that on the day, they both fought well. If (and it happens quite a lot!), England fail to perform and they dither about the field and get droopy shoulders; Then I get depressed... I mutter a lot, and i glower!

But, - and here is the thing - , Hope springs eternal, and the next time we will give 'em a jolly good thumping!

Stay well.

Fractal

5:30 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

lol agreed Anon.

Cat, never got to see a cricket game, but I can understand it. Watching sports can be frustrating, but when a sudden win comes out it is amazingly great.

Stay well too.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - I used to be a huge baseball fan until the strike back in the 90's. It kind of puts you off when you hear some of those guys making millions complaining they don't make enough. So now I just watch hockey and football.

Sorry about the butt whooping out here in Philly we're used to it with our Phillies.

Peace,

- Neo

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters