Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The quest for rest update and weekend plans

Well today I went to the dentist to get fitted for my Bruxism appliance.

That is the medical term for "mouth guard that fits your mouth when it is a weird shape."

He asked me if I was being fitted for the Bruxism appliance and I gave him a clueless panicked stare.

"You mean the mouth guard right?"

He smiled and said yes. Bruxism Appliance sounds like some device in Frankenstein. I wanted to be sure. So before he stuck a horseshoe shaped device with a sort of disgusting plastic substance in it, I said "Bella says hi." (She used to work there, so I always have to say hi to the Doc from her.)

He then did what no one else has been able to do for a long time but wishes they could.

I had to keep my mouth closed for a whole minute.

So I get to go back in two weeks to get my new mouthguard and since I have a strange shaped jaw I have to come in to make sure it fits for about an hour. Hopefully this will keep me from grinding my teeth when I sleep which will help me sleep better and hopefully keep my jaw from hurting so much all the time.

As for my weekend, Karl is coming for the weekend. Which means the trouble with Karl is far from over. I shall do my best to be a fun and supportive friend this weekend. So I have made arrangements with work and my other commitments to make sure that I can spend my undivided attention with him.

Keep dem prayers and good thoughts rolling this way.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the mouth guard Janus. I hope it helps you sleep better.

I'm sending lots of good thought to Karl, and I hope things get better for him.

Take care.

Frodo. :)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters