Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving...the day after report

This time of year (At least in the United States) people generally get together with friends and family and cook up more food than they can possibly eat and have enough left overs that people will never eat turkey again for about a year. That is Thanksgiving.
I won't bore you with the origins of Thanksgiving but I will try to remember the meaning of it.
We generally have so many blessings and good things that we tend to not even think about (Unless one of them is gone.) Thanksgiving is a single day out of 365 other days that we spend with our family and share a meal and hopefully remember all those good things.
So I feel like writing this sappy post and sharing with you somethings I am thankful for.

1. My God (and my relationship with him.) I don't know how I would have survived many of the things the last few years without him. He comforts, provides, cares, and shows his love for me even when I don't see it right away.

2. My wife, Bella. She helps complete me, and she is frequently strong when I feel weak and vice versa. She gives me a reason to come home at a decent hour, listens to me whine all the time, and does more than I can fit on this post really...save it for Valentines day.

3. My Friends and Family A few years ago I didn't think I had so many of you, but now when I look at my email and phone list I realize I just was not paying attention. People have been wonderful to us and have helped keep us strong through the trials. A special mention to Rob who will drive through snow to join me for a talk and a beer at 9:30 at night. He reads this but doesn't say much...so say hi to Rob guys.

4. A roof over my head I would have said a warm home, but I am glad my house isn't a burnt pile of cinders. Having a fire, even a little fire, is great for realizing what you have.

5. My work. I complain and joke about it here, but I am grateful for my job and my other work. It gives me a bit more meaning and purpose throughout my day, and yes getting paid is good as well.

I could make this list more complete or longer, but this is a post not a novel. Thanks for all these things and thanks for you for reading Return of the Janus.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Hi to Rob guys!

;P

4:09 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hi to Rob guys!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob!

#2 gives all the credit to #1 and is thankful for you Janus sweetie!

xoxo-Bella

8:58 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Rob, faithful companion to Janus!
Sounds like you've got much to be grateful for!
Happy Post ThanksGiving.

4:11 AM  
Blogger glenniah said...

Hi Janus,
Great comments on Thanksgiving
Emma (Glenniah)

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to be thankful.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Wow thanks guys, sorry to be AWOL

4:45 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Stop being lazy and update will ya? *nudge*

Have a great xmas.

Peace,

- Neo

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters