Friday, February 09, 2007

It was worth the trip for the tea

Well today I started out the day on the wrong foot, but that was because of my own density.
I was worried I was going to be late for a 1:00 meeting because I left the house 10 minutes later than I intended to. I was early though for a change.
Actually I was about a week early, I planned to talk to someone about trying on something new and rewarding but when I made the appointment I got my date wrong. (It was last week when I was completely scattered and I realized I was probably there the wrong day about five minutes after I got in the door.)
Other than the drive I didn't mind in the least though, and I got to see some friends and enjoy a hot tea and an exciting game of Zuma on Bella's cellphone while I was in the Cafe.
I wasn't sure if maybe the person I was meeting might of meant this week though might of really meant today for certain, so I decided to do some spirit filled loitering anyway while I waited a cautionary half hour or so.
The nice lady who sold me my tea said that she could text message my contact for me, to give me confirmation. Which was very kind of her, since I didn't have the cell phone number on me and I was a bit stupid and didn't go online and look it up.
She called, confirmed it was the next week, and passed on my apologies to my host for me.
The only other thing that happened particulary amusing today to me, was one of the pastors saw me wearing my jacket and tie today and asked me how I was doing. When he left he said "They make you wear that don't they?"
I said "Yes" and smiled because I was a bit embarrassed to admit that I like wearing a jacket and tie and relish any chance to do it.
I wear a button shirt and kakiki pants at least four days a week because of my job, and I can't stomach to wear Kakikis now when I am off duty for the whole day anymore. (I used to like wearing them, now I feel like I look like I am a gloveless housekeeper.) I like to wear my jeans now when before I used to like to wear dressier clothes. I still love any chance that I can wear a necktie and dress shoes (basically when I am not having to worry about getting dirty.)
So, I feel a bit guilty lying about having to wear the tie, but I didn't want to correct him when he was being polite and smiling at me.
Now for the wrap up...Janus tips for the day.

1. If you don't have one, carry a calendar and a P.D.A. and write everything down before you go to appointments that don't exist. This is really embarrassing, I was literally all dressed up with no place to go. If I didn't do other stuff today I would have felt even more stupid.

2. I recommend the fruit flavored Decaf tea at the Yellowbox Cafe It's great, it has no citrus (allergic to it), its decaf so I can be mellow, and its not a bad price.

3. Tip the Cafe server. Don't be cheap, they really are quite helpful and you should reward good service.

4. Zuma is a great game for the cell phone. I'm not kidding, it's addictive.

See you later, don't forget to check out the links.
I am off for the night, and I got to go back to work. thanks for visiting, still catching up on emails and blogs too.


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things you do just for a cup of tea! Lol.

Frodo. :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

yes, and that was for just one of them.

You should see what I can do for a hot kettle of Earl Grey, I might even be able to do that 5K run/walk that Janet posted about.

Though thats doubtful, really

11:37 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Ha, that sucks, well hey at least you got a decent cup of tea out of the deal. All dressed up with no place to go. :)

Peace,

- Neo

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters